About the customer
Our customer is the largest producer of ‘electric resistance welded (ERW)’ steel pipes in India.
Having a vast distribution spread in 24 cities across the country, customer was facing challenges in their transportation management, this included:
- Manual indent creation
- Unstructured data
- Follow-ups with transporters on calls and mails
- Lower visibility of operations to the management
- Inefficiencies in information flow among various departments
- No reporting mechanism in place
How we solved it?
We introduced & implemented “Transport Management System” (TMS) to digitalize the operational activities.
- Customized and implemented the software; for both web & app interface
- Developed a custom-made mobile application for transporters to accept or reject the indent raised
- System based timestamps of the gate in & gate out of trucks
- Feature to directly upload documents in the system
The main modules of the system included:
- Automation of the indenting process
- Performing transporter activities through transporter app/web
- Performing site activities by admin users
- Dashboard visibility to the admin users
Key benefits after the implementation of TMS:
- Transformation from manual to digitized transportation management
- Dashboard view for the customer to see the number of indents created, accepted & rejected
- Visibility of all the plants in a single screen for the management
- TAT visibility by timestamping of all the relevant activities
- Performance evaluation criteria for the transporters
- MIS reports were extracted basis the need of the user which:
- Reduced the unusual delays in the process
- Helped in analysing the performance of the transporter to drive business excellence
For more information contact us at- [email protected]
Looking for a Supply Chain Consultant?