About The Customer
A leading franchise for premier international fashion brands; one of the first retail organizations to focus on introducing the retail of premier international brands in India through the ‘Exclusive Brand Outlets’ format.
Customer Challenges / Requirements
- The customer has major expansion plans for the coming quarters with a major push on the D2C (Direct to Consumer) volume growth for the existing brands & introduction of new international brands in the market
- Required additional storage & handling capacity to manage the enhanced business volume
- Temporary capacity enhancement on a frequent basis to manage the peaks for the season for B2B business and managing frequent sales promotion offers for D2C business
Solution Designed & Implemented
- Based on the thorough analysis of both past & projected inventory and throughput data, Holisol came up with a comprehensive ‘Fulfilment Centre Design’ ensuring:
- Capacity expansion by adding additional space & storage infrastructure
- Productivity & efficiency improvement by making judicious use of mechanization such as deploying conveyors for both horizontal and vertical movement of the goods
- Improving decision support system by having real-time visibility using ‘handheld devices’ resulting in paperless operations
- Cost optimization using micro improvements in both process & infrastructure
- Fulfilled additional space as per the requirement
- Introduced automation & digitization of the processes
- Set up a first-of-its-kind facility for the customer:
a. Set up new infrastructure to support automation.
- G+2 racking system to store more than 1 Mn pieces.
- Design & implemented ‘Circular Conveyor System’ covering 20 feet of distance for movement of packed products or to be packed products between sorting-packaging-dispatch areas
b. Implemented Paperless Picking & Sorting.
- Deployed Cerebrum (Holisol WMS) to manage the marketplace order processing
- Implemented HHT-based Put Away, Picking & Sorting Modules
- Packing table equipped with CCTV camera to record the orders packing in real-time
- Launched ‘Dashboard’ for real-time monitoring of the order processing and status of inventory based on the qty. & value
c. Introduced Micro Innovations to improve workforce productivity & efficiency.
- Designed ergo efficient outbound workstations for comfortable workflow
- Implemented slotted angle racks for sorting bins for easy movement & long durability
- Replaced old picking trolley with modular designed picking trolley, more suited for aisle movement
- Designed courier trolley with strong build & multiple wheels to make picking & put away easier
- Implementation of sensor-based lights for auto on/off
Benefits to the customer
- Serving all the sales channels from a single pool of inventory
- Enhanced accuracy & productivity
- Micro innovations led to less fatigue & higher efficiency of resources
- Saving in energy bills due to sensor-based lights
- Reduced manpower required for handling packed boxes & to be packed boxes
- Achieved 100% order fulfillment even with a 300% increase in orders during peaks
- Enhanced inventory accuracy from 92% to 100%
- 50% increase in productivity
- 30% increase in the efficiency of Packers
- 40% cost reduction on account of energy saving
- 20% cost reduction on account of reducing the manpower